Final term can be daunting, with a number of summative assignments due in and weeks of exams ahead of you. But try not to stress too much, it'll all be over soon. In fact in a few weeks you'll probably be sitting on the sunny riverbanks, Pimms in hand with not a care in the world (Ok so I can't promise you sun, but you get my gist!).
Here are a few tips I learnt whilst at uni to avoid going into total meltdown:
1. Look after yourself: Ok so 'Mummy Pia' alert but it's really important that you fuel your body correctly. It's so easy to just grab a bottle of coke, scoff that bar of chocolate and spend all night in the library crying into your notes. But seriously, go to bed and get enough sleep, eat some fruit and veg, drink lots of water and try and do some exercise. You really will feel loads better!
2. STOP PROCRASTINATING! Taking an occasional break is a must; however it's so easy to fall into the trap of severe procrastination. Stop Facebooking, Tweeting or cleaning that bathroom that hasn't been cleaned in weeks! Just get on with what you need to do... and NO, making a colourful, detailed revision plan does not count as productive study time.
3. Make a plan: Ok so I did say that making a colourful revision plan doesn't count as revision, but making sure you're organised is the key to success. Make a note of all your deadlines and exam dates and get prioritising.
4. Have fun and spend time with friends: We all know that the key to productive revision is taking regular breaks. Make sure you put some time aside to spend with your friends. Now I'm not saying for you to go out to Klute every night, but watching a film, going for a walk or taking a long lunch break to catch up on all the goss will keep you from going crazy.
5. Breathe: Take a breather, or go outside when you're starting to feel stressed or wound up. Getting worked up and stressed isn't going to help you reach your goal.
So there it is, my top 5 tips on how to survive term 3 at Uni. Now I may not be an expert but I've been there, done that and got the t-shirt and it all worked out ok for me!