Last posting dates before Christmas:
1st Class UK - 18 December
Durham University address - 18 December
Collection from Outlet - 18 December
DHL Europe - 11 December
DHL USA/Canada - 9 December
DHL Rest of World - 13 November
|UK||Springmail||5 working days||£5.95|
|Europe||Parcelforce||We aim for 10 working days*||£10.95|
|USA/Canada||Parcelforce||We aim for 12 working days*||£13.95|
|Rest of the World||Parcelforce||We aim for 30 days*||£13.95|
|Durham University Address||Internal Post||5 working days||FREE|
|Collection from University Outlet||Internal Post||5 working days||FREE|
*Please note that the timeframes given above are guidelines only and whilst we do our uptmost to ensure your order arrives within these guidelines, due to some local postal networks your order can take slightly longer to reach you.
Track Your Order
To check your order status, just click on the Your orders link at the top of the page, sign in to this website and then View orders.
- Order Received means your order hasn't been processed yet.
- Order Processing means your order has been packed up ready for despatch.
- Order Despatched means your order has left our warehouse, and you will receive an email confirming despatch.
- Order Part-Despatched means part of your order has left our warehouse, and you will receive an email confirming despatch.
- For orders for collection from one of our outlets, please expect delivery to be within 2-3 days of recieving the dispatched email. Note you will not recieve a further email to confirm that your order is ready for collection.
- Order Cancelled means your order has been cancelled by either you or us.
If an item is temporarily out of stock, we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.
What to do if your order fails to arrive
If your order has exceeded the expected delivery timescale as set out above, please contact us in the first instance, and we will happily look into this and send our replacements where necessary.
Packages sent overseas via Airmail are despatched within the UK and then passed over to the country's regular postal system.
While these postal systems do try to deliver all parcels, there are occasions when losses happen. If this occurs, please allow 21 days from the date of dispatch for the package to arrive. If this time elapses and the goods do not arrive, please contact your local post / sorting office to check that no goods are being held.
In the unlikely event that the package is not being held at your local post / sorting office, please contact us as soon as possible and we will be happy to assist in sending a replacement while our investigations into the whereabouts of your parcel continue.
If you would prefer to collect your order, you can collect from any of our outlets listed below free of charge:
- The Shop at Howlands
- The Shop at Queen's
- Botanic Garden
- Oriental Museum
- Palace Green Library
- Waterstone's Academic Bookshop
When placing your order, simply choose, "Collect at store" as your chosen delivery method, you will be able to collect your items 3-5 days after the order was placed
Please bring a print-out of your order and present at the till point to collect your items.
You will be charged for your items at the point of ordering online.